Ryan Reynolds Says He Won’t Return For Deadpool Sequel

Ad

Ryan Reynolds Hit By Car While Filming 'Deadpool,' Destroys Car With Bare Hands

LOS ANGELES, California –

Ryan Reynolds was born to play Deadpool, in the way the Robert Downey Jr. perfectly encompasses the role of Tony Stark in Iron Man. With the new Deadpool movie bringing in a record-breaking quarter of a billion dollars in its worldwide opening weekend, Fox was keen on quickly green-lighting a sequel, but sadly, there is one person who won’t be returning.

Ryan Reynolds says that he will not be singing on for a second Deadpool film, after realizing that the part was going to put way too much pressure on his everyday life.

“I’ve been an actor for years, and I’ve always had a good time with it,” said Reynolds. “Problem is, not that I’ve played a character in a movie people have actually seen, I haven’t had a moment to rest, and it’s frustrating.”

Reynolds had been personally trying to get a Deadpool film made for years, and it took over a decade for Fox to agree to not only make the film, but make it geared towards adults, letting it receive the MPAA’s R-rating. Reynolds says that he’s glad the movie is doing so well, but he can’t be part of another one.

“Someone else can easily take over, because most of the film I’m in a suit, and when I’m not, my face is covered in burn makeup,” said Reynolds. “I really want to go back to just being an actor that people sort of recognize, but pass by on the street without having to stop and take a selfie with.”

Sequel to ‘The Interview’ Green-Lit, Film To Mock Vladimir Putin

Sequel to 'The Interview' Green-Lit, Film To Mock Vladimir Putin

CULVER CITY, California –

One thing that’s always been a given in Hollywood is that studio executives love controversy, money, and pissing off world leaders. A decision by Sony Pictures on Monday confirmed what many had worried – a sequel to The Interview will be made, with a slated release date of October, 2016.

Blandly called The Interview 2, the likely-to-be-controversial film will feature the same cast, including Seth Rogen and James Franco. The plot of the film is reported to be based on the duo gaining an interview with Russian President Vladimir Putin, with shenanigan-filled attempts to end his life. The upcoming movie is already being referred to as a “ballsy move,” from competitors like Universal Studios, and “extremely stupid” by Lionsgate Films. 

Learn more about RevenueStripe...

The new movie’s screenwriter, Mitchell Greenberg, believes his idea is just what America needs for moving into 2016. “The world is just getting crazier and crazier, with more secret threats from rival countries every day,” Greenberg said. “Why not poke fun at Putin before he blows us up? It’s going to happen sometime anyway. Who knows, maybe I’ll be known as the man who made Vladimir Putin laugh.”

Many people, although annoyed that America is trying to re-live a threat, think that perhaps the movie is needed to assert the power of the United States. Mathias Perry, an opinion columnist from Arkansas said, “We need to show those foreign bastards that we as Americans have power, and we are not afraid to use it. Above all, it’s just a movie and isn’t meant to be taken seriously. If this thing starts World War III, then at least it was started before the number and power of nuclear weapons increased anymore.”

Carla Bronson of New York City highly opposes the creation of the sequel. “Letting stupid people like these screenwriters run free is what will destroy our country, and potentially destroy the world! If there’s nothing good to say, don’t say it at all.”

Neither Russian president Putin, nor anyone on his staff, had a comment on Sony’s announcement of the new film.

Will Ferrell, Tina Fey To Star In Sequel To ‘The Notebook’

HOLLYWOOD, California – Will Ferrell, Tina Fey To Star In Sequel To 'The Notebook'

After years of anticipation, fans of Nicolas Sparks will be excited to hear the Notebook 2 novel will be released on Valentine’s Day of this year. Coming as no surprise to anyone, the no-doubt tear-jerker of a book already has a film deal inked in Hollywood, and New Line Cinema has announced they have signed actors Will Ferrell and actress Tina Fey to the project.

“We felt that these two marvelous, amazing, superb actors could use a more serious project to add to their colorful resumes, adding just a touch of romance into their portfolio,” said New Line CEO Hal Goldbrook. “We, too, had heard the rumors of Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston being signed to this film, hoping to reunite the once power couple – at least on screen – but the signing of Ferrell and Fey is one to look forward to, we can promise you that.”

“I am elated to be starring in this movie. Both myself and Will look forward to a great time romancing each other over an entire summer while filming,” said Fey. “The book, which we got some advanced copies of, is a true Sparks’ masterpiece.” While the popular actress typically works in a comedic atmosphere, this romantic drama is sure to be outstanding, as a source close to the production tells Empire News that with the film’s script and production, it’s shaping up to be far better than the original.

“The story is set to begin with a couple who are in their early 30’s, the coming of adulthood, and indulging in their crazy relationship. It’s going to work really well with Tina and I, for sure. As actors, we can play anything, and pretending to be a young couple, I think it will be very believable. With scenes depicting their children, struggles, and everyday work and home life in the 1960’s,” said Ferrell. “It’s some really deep stuff. I’ve never seen the original, because I don’t really like movies, but from what I hear, it was pretty good. No doubt this will be better. Much better cast this time around.”

“The film is being made by the same Producer, Lynn Harris, and director Nick Cassavetes, to capture the same great chemistry created with the 2004 original release,” said Goldbrook. “The film will be filming this summer, and will hit theatres in time for next Valentine’s Day.”

‘Labyrinth’ Sequel Confirmed For Holiday 2015 Release

LOS ANGELES, California – sequel

In 1986, a Jim Henson film was released starring David Bowie and a young Jennifer Connelly. The film, about a girl who must best the Goblin King to save her brother by making her way through his complicated maze, was a critical and commercial success, and garnered a huge cult following in the near-30 years since its release.

Fans of the film have something new to look forward to, though. This morning, Jim Henson Productions announced that they were beginning production on the sequel to the film, simply titled Labyrinth 2. The film is set to reunite Connelly and Bowie, who have both already signed on to star in the $70 million dollar fantasy epic.

“It’s going to be so much fun,” says Connelly, now 44. “I was 15 or 16 when we were filming the first movie, and it was just a ton of fun. Of course, being so young, I didn’t pay much attention to David’s crotch, but as I grew up and watched the film again, I don’t know how I ever could have missed it. It’s just – it’s the real centerpiece for the movie, isn’t it?”

Over the years, Bowie’s enormous crotch piece has become fodder for jokes, and an extreme point of interest for girls – and even some men – who love the film.

“Oh, God, yeah – the GBD, we call it. Giant Bowie Dick,” said Marlene Renner, a fan of the original film. “I saw that movie for the first time when I was 19, and hot damn. I was already a Bowie fan, but that movie…well, that movie really turned me into a mega fan. I hope to Hell that he’s got the tight pants in the second one, too.”

The costumes have not begun to be designed for the second film, as production hasn’t started yet, but costume designer Jennie Smith, who was only 13 when the first film was released, said that when she was hired to design the new costumes for Labyrinth 2, it was made perfectly clear that the ‘star’ of the movie needed to be David Bowie’s crotch.

“In the first movie, you had Jennifer Connelly, who was very beautiful. You had all the awesome creatures created by Jim Henson’s production team. The one thing that everyone talks about though, is those tight, white pants that Jareth the Goblin King wears. Judging by the amount of fans that those pants have, you can bet that they’ll be making a resurgence in the next film.”

Labyrinth 2 is set to begin filming in February in England and Scotland, and will be released December 25th, 2015.

 

 

20th Century Fox Announces Plan To Exclusively Produce Sequels, Remakes Starting in 2015

HOLLYWOOD, California – 20th Century Fox Announces Plan To Exclusively Produce Sequels and Remakes From Now On

When The Writers Guild of America went on strike in 2007, television producers were left without writers.  Producers came up with a work-around – churning out shows without writers.  “Reality Television” was born.

20th Century Fox is now adapting the same idea to movie production.  The studio announced that starting in 2015, they will be focusing exclusively on projects requiring little to no creativity whatsoever.

“It’s just going to be remakes and maybe one sequel a year – if we have the time to quickly assemble one,” announced Tom Rothman, CEO of 20th Century Fox. “We’ll be able to produce more pictures twice as fast.  We had to figure a way to keep up with the incredible hunger for more and more movies.  We’re living in an ‘on-demand’ world, so we’ve hired Quentin Tarantino as our new Director of Creative Redevelopment, and we’re just as excited as he is!”

Tarantino joined Rothman for the announcement at the studio’s Century City headquarters, and outlined his plan.

“The public wants new faces!  That’s why I do ‘homages!’  That’s French for imitations!” Said Tarantino. “That’s what homages are!  They’re scenes we’ve seen already, from films we’ve seen before!  I honor those directors, sometimes shot-for-shot!  But I cast new faces! I’m on board with this!!”

Not on board with the idea, though, is director Martin Scorsese, one of several directors idolized by Tarantino.  “This may well be the end of 20th Century Fox,” said Scorsese, producer/director of such blockbusters as Goodfellas, The Last Temptation of Christ, and ironically, the 1991 remake of the 1962 film, Cape Fear. “I started out independent,” said Scorsese.  “That’s what Fox should be doing instead of this ‘quantity over quality’ business.  It sounds like a disaster of titanic proportions.  Actually,” added Scorsese, “Titanic was a pretty good remake, … but you get my point.”

Currently, Scorsese is in pre-production for a biopic of the late great ‘saloon’ singer Frank Sinatra.  Dylan Farrow, MSNBC daytime news host and son of actress Mia Farrow, reportedly was approached to portray Sinatra, affectionately known as “Old Blue Eyes.”  Dylan Farrow is rumored to be the biological son of Sinatra, a subject Scorsese was not willing to comment upon.

“We haven’t started casting yet.  There are millions of things to set up before we think about who we cast as ‘Young Blue Eyes,’” he said.

Tarantino detailed his upcoming plan of action:

“I’m looking forward to casting new faces in old movies, or old faces in new movies!  Hey – maybe the old faces can homage themselves in the remakes if they’re still around!”  Or maybe not!  I haven’t decided yet!”

“As soon as we wrap up our current projects,” said Rothman, our new production system will go into effect.  I literally cannot wait.”

20th Century Fox says that their plans for 2015 include production on remakes of Glitter and Big Mama’s House, as well as a sequel to the Tom Green film Freddy Got Fingered. 

Design & Developed By Open Source Technologies.