MIAMI, Florida –
A young boy in Florida has being hospitalized after his brand new Apple AirPod earphones allegedly exploded in his ear.
Caleb Mitchell, 8, has been hospitalized with 2nd degree burns on his face and inside of his ears after his Airpods exploded. According to Mitchell’s parents, the young boy is lucky to be alive, but is not out of the woods yet.
“I can’t believe something like this could happen,” said Josiah Mitchell, a standup comedian and the boy’s father. “I didn’t think they could get hot or explode or anything like that. Yet hear we are. Get it? Hear? Because Caleb is pretty much deaf now. Oh shit, I crack myself up.”
Caleb supposedly always had his Airpods in his ear, other than the times where he was charging them. He would even sleep with them, and wear them even when not listening to music. “Airpod owners are obsessed” says Candice James, a therapist, “Airpod owners really think they’re hot shit because their headphones don’t have wires. Wow, you’re so cool. Fucking losers. I just feel bad for the boy here because his parents indoctrinated him into wanting these in the first place.”
As Caleb is recovering, technology experts warn Airpod owners to not use them so much.
“Just throw them out,” said tech expert Lee Xiu, “You’ll be a better person, Airpod owners are annoying.”